Category Archives: Holidays
The holiday season can be a difficult time for newly divorced individuals or ones that are in the process of getting a divorce. While most people enjoy and anticipate the holidays, divorced people can approach it with sadness, anxiety, and loneliness. The following are some tips to help you cope through the holidays.
- Take a vacation – If the holidays are just too painful and stressful to handle, get away from it all by going on vacation. Ask a family member or friend to accompany you. Create a fun, relaxing environment for yourself to get through the holidays.
- Make a schedule – Get organized and make a list of all the things you need to get done. Set target dates to accomplish your goals on time.
- Lean on friends and family – Your friends and family know you are going through a tough time. Ask them for support to help you through the holidays.
- Take care of yourself – In addition to eating healthy and getting a proper amount of sleep, take measures to pamper yourself. Do something that will make you feel good, like a spa day or going golfing.
- Be realistic – Don’t put too much weight on the holidays. It’s not going to be a picture perfect time but you will manage through it. Keep reminding yourself that it will get better over time.
If you still feel overwhelmed and depressed, consider seeing a therapist. A good therapist can help you process your emotions and cope during this stressful time.